Adopt a Build Day
A Habitat Build Day is a fun and interactive way to give back to your community!
Come build with us! No construction experience required! Habitat Niagara’s Build Day povides organizations, service clubs, churches and even groups of friends with a unique way to give back to their community and learn a new skill. A combination of build hours and financial contributions doubles your group’s impact
Whether your staff or group have never swung a hammer or are already skilled in the construction field, they can all be part of our Build Day program.
As a Build Day team member, you help to pay for the building materials and the land which greatly helps with the construction costs and directly benefits a Habitat partner family - while taking part in a rewarding and powerful team-building experience! Funds can be raised in many different ways. Some organizations choose to make a contribution on behalf of its participating individuals or match the amount the individual raises, others encourage employees to seek pledges or organize fundraising events.
You can form your own team in your workplace or with friends and family, or we can match you with a team.
Every participant is asked help fund the build through fundraising:
- Corporate teams are required to donate a minimum of $2,500 for a day onsite
- Individuals are required to raise a minimum of $200 for a day onsite (Women Build $250 pp)
A Build Day package includes:
- Exclusive build site access for 6 people
- Skilled Site Supervisor to lead your team
- Habitat for Humanity Niagara t-shirt (special 'Women Build' t-shirt for WOMEN BUILD)
- Lunch and snacks throughout the day
- Thank you letter
- Certificate of appreciation (Corporate)
- Team photo on build site
- Recognition of your business on Habitat Niagara’s social media pages (Corporate)
- Recognition of your business on Habitat Niagara’s website (Corporate)
- Invitation to the Dedication and Key Ceremony
- Invitation to all Habitat Niagara events
How to Participate
Please click here to see a list of available locations, dates and how to register.
Frequently Asked Questions
Find out what you need to know by clicking here.
For more information please contact Karen Dolyniuk, Chief Development Officer, 905-685-7395 x205 firstname.lastname@example.org